Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hey everyone, Brian here.
We'll as they say, I regained my strength, after having a nasty 2 day cold. Still dealing with some infections in my feet but Nancy and the girls are nursing me back to health. I like this!!
Well it's been great being back in Vietnam. The people are very friendly and very interested in who we are and what we are doing here. So far we've found that most have very little if any english. With our limited vietnamese and their limited english we still can communicate and they are delightful. I find that they really like to kid around to. We were at the giant Jesus in Vungtau this morning and a bunch of girls sat down beside me while Nancy, Maeve and Nina went up to the top of Jesus' arms. The girls egged on one of their own to sit closer to me by pushing her, hitting her etc while laughing hysterically. Of course I started trying to talk to her and more laughs ensued. This goes on all the time with kids and adults, this physical goofing around.
We've experienced so much since we arrived. Wednesday was the big day when we went to Nina's original orphanage and we met some of her nannies and then without advance notice, we were given pictures of her birth mom - very exciting/emotional.
Yesterday I rented a moped and drove the coast road and through town past street vendors, pagoda's, people transporting anything and everything on their motorbikes. Of course I am always fascinated by the traffic in vietnam and hope to put some video footage on this blog for all to see. This morning almost got in an accident with a couple on another bike who came out of nowhere right in front of me. I go slow so it would have been some scrapes and a few dong for repairs. Nina and Maeve are fascinated by the bike - they've sat on it looking cool - I've given them a few rides.
Anyway, must go. Girls want the computer.
Brian out

No comments:

Post a Comment