Monday, January 18, 2010

Hanoi

Hi all Nancy here. /Monday January 16th 2010/ 910pm/ Cool and foggy!

We made it to Hanoi! It is really amazing so far (after 5 hours). We arrived at 4pm after a brief 1 1/2 hour flight from HCMC. very easy and not even crowded.

There were Water Buffalos right outside the airport - very exciting, for me at least!

We had dinner at an Indian resturant and the first thing the waiter wanted to know was if we thought Hanoi was better than HCMC!!

The streets are narrow and the hotel is a bit seedy - on entrail row! Tomorrow night we have a better one.

One thing I have noted on travelling in my somewhat advanced youth is that my memory is terrible! So far I have lost my debit card in an ATM beside the hydrofoil, and I forgot my brand new, bought just for the trip, swiss army knife was in my carry on. It was confiscated. Brian has decided that maybe he should carry the passports!

talk to you soon
N


2 comments:

  1. Hi all,
    We love getting your posts! Mom even has them read before me sometimes!
    So the hydrofoil was from another era, eh? I imagined a sleek, speedy, state of the art craft - too bad! Was it faster that a cyclo?
    Are you planning to stay in Hanoi until Tet?
    We have a thaw here now - still nowhere close to 30 degrees, but I did see a robin.
    Keep safe,
    xo Aunt Johann xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY PEOPLE! Hana here!! The trip sounds Awsome! So where are you now??? I miss you soooo much! How was the market? i STILL STILL can't blieve your gonna be gone so long!
    got to go=(
    Han

    ReplyDelete