Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Both Orphanage Visits





Hey everyone! Maeve here once again!
I got a comment from my class and so here are the answers to
their questions:
1600 dong= 1 dollar
100 000 dong= 6 dollars
1 000 000= around 62 dollars

and I ACCIDENTALLY gave it to someone thinking it was smaller bill.
Yesterday we went to the orphanage with only the baby's and children under 6.
We were going to meet this lady Trang Di Le, the director of the orphanage but she had an
emergency meeting so we went upstairs and looked at all the ADORABLE baby's. We held them
and they all smelled like formula. I have my favourites which turn out to be mostly baby boys.
We met a lady named My Huong who was adopted from the same orphanage when she was 5.
Her birth mother is Vietnamese( and her birth father was man in the war) and she later placed her with her brother in an orphanage. She was adopted to Australia and lived there until 6 years ago. She now lives in Vietnam and she looks very
caucasian and you easily could mistake her for a non-asian descended woman. Today we went to both orphanages and met our beautiful foster child. She's my age and her name is Ngoc Trinh.
All the kids where fascinated with our camera's and laptop. Dad let a little boy use his and what he thought to be mine BUT it was really My Huongs camera. Dad turned it off instantly and I volunteered mine. The kids took 133 photos in one hour! And .. no one used the wrist strap!
I regretted it right away

I am really really tired right now so I will sign off and will write soon, and bye the way - special thanks for Jane for the iTunes favour!
Maeve

1 comment:

  1. Hi Everyone!

    These last few days sound extremely exciting and action packed!
    Thank you SO MUCH for your amazing posts!!!!
    It's still VERY cold here, but at least we have packing snow. I can't wait to see you all in March!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX Love Jane

    ReplyDelete