Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday night in Dalat






Well here it is Wednesday night and the laundry ladies just delivered clean clothes!!!!! I hate to admit how exciting it is to get this delivery!!!

It is about 730 pm and we are thinking about supper before we all fall asleep. The food here is truly wonderful and this is from someone who isn't overly excited about food. The climate and terrain is the best for growing vegetables and the vendors on the streets and markets have a huge array of avocados , artichokes, cauliflowers, sweet potatoes and strawberries among a zillion others. Not only that- they also dry them to sell. My current favorite snack is sweet potatoes with sugar and ginger! The mangos with chili peppers and salt are good too!
We had great peach jam for breakfast, and I am still looking for the blackcurrant concoctions!

We have had a few computer problems and had to buy an external mouse. After wandering around these fascinating but circuitous streets I found a computer shop. The young lady sold me a mouse"guaranteed for 1 million clicks" for 50,000 dong, about$2.75. I hope it works.

I wanted to post some of the great shots that Brian took of Halong Bay and area before we get into the pic's from the Central Highlands.
I cant figure out how to put them in after the text so they are the ones above!
bye for now N xoxoxo

1 comment: